Sunday, July 09, 2006

Fredricton at last!

Dearest My Peeps,
Here I am in Fredricton at long last. The last two weeks seemed to just drag on forever, but I'm here now. And all too soon I'll be going home again. That's the one problem with looking forward to good times. The good times get over WAY too fast and leave you with little more than fond memories. Not to knock on fond memories, they are entirely awesome in their own right after all.

Speaking of fond memories, there are several about to be made this evening. Pat and I are going to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and then out for food of some sort after. I'm incredibly excited about the whole thing. I mean, YAY! Movies, food AND incredible personage all in one fell swoop. It just works out so well.

I went to church with my brother this morning. It's the first time I've been in ages, what with almost always working Sunday. It was very nice. I'd forgotten how much I tend to miss it when I don't get out on at least a semi-regular basis. Ah well, life tends to go on in spite of all that. And it's not like going to church is the basis of my salvation either. It's nice, recommended and helpful, but not required by any stretch of the imagination. To be honest, it's quite a good thing going to church isn't what saves a person. I'd be going to hell in a bobsled if that were the case and I'm very NOT keen on the idea of hell. Eternal raging heat, not to mention the separation from God, friends & family. God being the most important of the three, obviously. Friends & family have to tie for 2nd, since I love them all as if they were family. It's just the way I am. Once I am your friend, you're pretty much stuck with me. You'd have to hurt me pretty bad to make me back off & even then I'd still be there if you needed help.

Anyhow, I'm headed out for now. I'm talking to Pat on MSN & considering having a nap before we get together tonight. Have an awesome day out there in the land of make-believe.

Cheers!
Vicky Ellen
"Truth has no special time of it's own. It's hours is now - always." -Albert Schweitzer

No comments: